- Deleting junk files and unwanted cache items is a great way to give your iPhone (or iPad) a spring-clean speed boost and get it running faster than ever.
- How to Clear Documents and Data on iPhone or iPad?
- iMyFone Umate:
- Turn Off Photo Stream:
- Clean Photos and Messages:
Deleting junk files and unwanted cache items is a great way to give your iPhone (or iPad) a spring-clean speed boost and get it running faster than ever.
Before you delete documents and data from your iPhone, it is better to understand what exactly the thing is. In a day, you work on many stock apps and third-party apps; you also access some iCloud documents. All this compiles cache data on your iPhone and iPad. You need to remove this document and data from your iOS devices.
Why do apps need to store cache? They store cache to let you have smooth sailing experience. As for instance, when you search anything in Safari, the web browser keeps a record of it to let you access it instantly next time. Likewise, YouTube keeps a record of your watch history to recommend the type of videos which interest you the most.
How to Clear Documents and Data on iPhone or iPad?
Step 1: Delete Safari cache on iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Settings app, and scroll down and Tap on Safari.
- Scroll Down and again Tap on Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap on Clear History and Website Data.
Step 2: Clean App Data on iPhone and iPad.
- Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
- Select an app that’s taking up a lot of space.
- Take a look at the entry for Documents & Data. If this is taking up more than 500MB, it’s worth deleting and reinstalling the app to clear the space.
- Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it. This will be a clean install without all the data and documents.
Step 3: Restart Your iPhone and iPad:
iOS will manage your memory effectively without you having to do anything. But restarting an iPhone occasionally is a good way to clear the memory and ensure that important apps have enough to use.
How to Restart your iPhone?
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button (on the top or at the top-right of the device) until “slide to power off” appears.
- Swipe the power off slider.
- Wait until the device has fully powered down, then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn on the iPhone
Step 4: Download Cleaner App for iPhone and iPad.
There are various apps available that can help you quickly get rid of files you don’t need. These apps are normally downloaded onto your Mac or PC, which you’ll then need to connect your iPhone (or iPad) to in order for it to work its magic.
PhoneClean by iMobie can be used to remove junk files from iOS. Follow these steps:
- Attach the iPhone to your Mac using the USB Cable.
- Open PhoneClean and click Scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click Clean
Much like PhoneClean by iMobie, iMyFone Umate for Mac and Windows can be used to quickly and easily remove temporary and junk files from your iOS device.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC.
- Open iMyFone Umate and click Scan on the Home tab.
- Clear Junk files and Temporary files to clear a lot of space on your iPhone (4GB on our test device).
- You can also clear out any large files (videos and so on) and see, at a glance, apps that take up a lot of space. These can also be deleted fairly easy using iMyFone Umate.
Turn Off Photo Stream:
When Photo Stream is enabled, it automatically uploads your new photos and syncs them all of your iCloud devices. Turning it off can help in taking control the storage.
Step 1: Tap on Settings
Step 2: Tap on profile
Step 3: Tap on iCloud
Step 4: Tap on Photos
Step 5: Turn off the switch next to My Photo Stream
It will delete all of the Photo Stream photos from your iPhone.
Clean Photos and Messages:
There may be a number of unnecessary photos in your Camera Roll.
Step 1. Open Photos app → Photos tab → tap on Select at the top right corner
Step 2. Select the photos you want to delete and tap on the trash button at the bottom right corner
To delete messages,
Step 1. Open Messages app → open conversation → simply touch and hold any message → tap on More.
Step 2. Select the message you want to delete and then tap on Delete All at the top left the corner.
I hope you have now fully understood what documents and data is and how to clear it off on your iOS device. By cleaning it off regularly, you can keep your device junk-free; preventing it from running out of storage.